Those groups living with disabilities, both physical and mental, are some of the most vulnerable in Rwanda, often subject to stigmatization and limited opportunity. This program aims to combat both aspects of this through the following aims:
• Advocate equal rights and opportunities for disabled groups
• To promote the participation of disabled groups in civic life
• To provide cooperative management training and facilitation amongst disabled groups
• To provide IGA training to economically empower disabled groups
• To promote the social inclusion of disabled groups
Starting in 2013, SFR has recently partnered with the European Union and Handicap International to provide advocacy and assistance in the promotion and participation of people with disabilities in Rwandan civic and social life.